Saturday, April 26, 2014

Head Start and Starting To Look Ahead

Wow! I'm terrible at blogging. I remember when I used to blog about my life every day, even when I had nothing worthwhile to say.

Well, I'm officially 2 weeks into my final placement (woot!). I'm at a Head Start in a small little town about 35 minutes away from Des Moines. (Yes, the drive sucks.) I have two classes: a morning one from 8:30-12 and then an afternoon class from 12:30-4. It's kind of crazy, but I guess it's sort of fun. It's ridiculous hearing the things that come out of some 3 and 4 year olds.

I wish I could say I'm loving this placement as much as my previous two, but that's just not the case. It's not that there's anything wrong with the place, teacher, or students. I just am not "clicking" as well with this placement. I think a lot of that is probably my senioritis kicking in. We are 3 weeks from graduation, I've already been student teaching for longer than required, and did I mention the drive every morning?

Plus, I GOT A JOB FOR NEXT YEAR! So that's sort of made me lose some motivation (which I know is a terrible thing). But yes, I'm officially under contract for 2014-2015. I'm going back to Holy Family! I was there for my first placement - loved it, loved the kids, loved my mentor, loved the staff. So when my mentor teacher emailed me to tell me they were hiring a 2nd ELL teacher for next year, I jumped at the chance. I had my interview last week and it went great! I got the offer 20 minutes later and accepted it the next day.

It's crazy to think how close I am to being done. 3 weeks to graduation, 9 weeks to getting married, and 2 months until my teaching contract starts. It's like my while life is starting this summer! I'm pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment