Wednesday, January 29, 2014

So Good!

Hello again!

I really don't even know what to tell you. Teaching is an absolute joy. I LOVE my school and my students. It's still kind of hard to believe that I'm actually a teacher now. It's starting to catch up with me how much work it actually is!

My supervisor came to observe me for the first time on Friday. I was absolutely nervous. I feel like I'm a competent individual, but I hate feeling like people are watching me, especially when I know they are taking notes. But, it went really well! Here's part of what she told me:

-Your first group of students were very anxious to learn, do their best and please you. GREAT!
-I observed a real comfort level between you and your students.
-Great positive comments were given to students who were working hard and doing a great job.
-You did a really super job of redirecting your students.
-You did a great job of helping your students during their writing lesson, but you didn't give them answers. You helped guide them in the right direction.

Seriously, the only thing she told me to change had to do with one specific child who was having some behavior issues and distracting other students.

This really made me feel a lot better about my teaching. I mean, look at that! Obviously I'm doing okay.

Then again, that's kindergarten, my dream. Tomorrow she's coming to watch me teach 5th graders some vocabulary relating to the Revolutionary War *gag*.

Tomorrow is also when I start full time teaching, by myself, all day, every day, until (at least) February 14th.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment